Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Halima Aden Is The 1st Muslimah Model To Wear A Hijab On The Cover Of Vogue!

#jaiyeorie
Halima became famous after becoming the first contestant to wear a hijab and burkini during the Miss Minnesota USA pageant in November 2016. She’s being on the cover of CR Fashion Book and walked in the Yeezy’s Season 5 show in February 2017.
In a video posted on Vogue Arabia’s Instagram, Halima said:

“Every little girl deserves to see a role model that’s dressed like her, resembles her or even has the same characteristics as her. I think beauty’s for everyone and everyone can look beautiful, you just have to be confident.”

Photography: Greg Kadel
 Model: Halima Aden
 Styling: Paul Cavaco
 Hair: Teddy Charles
 Make-Up: Hugo Vanngo











She also told the magazine:
“When I’m walking the runway I want people to see that, yes, I’m wearing a hijab – but I’m also a million other things. I want us to get to a place where we just see women.”
Next month’s spread includes an “All Eyes on Halima” editorial in which she wears pieces from Dior and Max Mara. The publication announced that the issue will hit newsstands June 2 across the MENA region, and will also be available internationally in cities including London and Paris.

 

Post a Comment

1 Comments

Anonymous said…
With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into
any problems of plagorism or copyright infringement?
My website has a lot of exclusive content I've either authored myself or outsourced
but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over
the internet without my agreement. Do you know any methods to help protect against content from being ripped off?

I'd definitely appreciate it.