Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Tia Mowry On Why She Considers Her Marriage A Success After Split

#jaiyeorie 


Social media users who follow the 44-year-old have been privy to her self-love journey.
Tia has published motivational articles about happiness, self-love, and self-care throughout the past few years.
There were also some sweet times with her family interspersed.
The Homecoming actor Cree, 11, and Cairo, 4, are two of her two kids with the All-American.

She began counseling after taking stock of her life and discovered that she was experiencing some sadness. 


“I feel like when I started to, again, like I said, focus on myself, but there was this sadness.


Tia Mowry offers a novel perspective on divorce.
The Sister, Sister star appeared on TODAY with Hoda & Jenna and spoke candidly about her divorce from Cory Hardrict, explaining why she views it as a "graduation" rather than a failure.

“I knew when I really started to focus on my happiness,” she said when asked when she believed her marriage was over. “I feel like women, we tend to focus on everybody else’s happiness, making sure that everybody else is okay — meaning our children, our friends, our family."

“But at the end of the day, it’s about self-love. When you start to really work on yourself, love yourself, know your value and know your worth, then all of a sudden, there’s this awakening. And it’s not easy. It’s a hard journey, but at the end of the day, I feel like it is so, so worth it.”


And I knew that life is short,” she said. “I had actually lost my grandmother. We had lost Alaina Housley (Tia’s twin sister Tamera Mowry Housely’s niece who was killed in the 2018 California mass shooting.) And both of them at the same time.”

She continued, “There was just an 'aha' moment in me where I said, ‘You know what? We need to tap in, see what’s really going on with your happiness. Life is short. Let’s go. Let’s start working on you and really focusing on what really, really matters here, which is at the end of the day, your peace, your joy and your happiness.’”

After filing the day before, on October 4, Tia made an Instagram announcement about her divorce from Cory.
Irreconcilable differences were listed as the cause of their marriage's dissolution in the divorce papers.
The Game actress, however, is looking at the end of her marriage through a different lens.

“My marriage was a success. I look at it as like a curriculum when you’re in college or high school. You’re learning, you’re growing, you’re evolving, you’re creating. I was able to create with Cory some beautiful, amazing children,” she explained. “At the end of that curriculum, there's a graduation, there’s a celebration. So that’s basically how I’m looking at it now.”

“And I feel like ... when (people) look at marriage, success equals longevity. But, no, at the end of the day, it’s are they happy? Are they thriving? Are they growing? I feel like that is what is most important. It’s not about staying in something because however long you are in that situation that equals success. It’s about really, again, are you happy? Because life is really short.”

Tia and Cory were married for 14 years.

 ✍️✍️✍️ ✍️“feel free to disagree in the comments 👀 ☝️👆 & let JAIYEORIE know what U think!” 📎 COMMENTS 👈👉✍️🤳 DROP YOUR OPINIONS ✍️✍️✍️

Post a Comment

0 Comments