Friday 2 December 2022

@funkebucknor covers @thewilldowntown’s latest issue .............. Falz Gtbank #TheExperience17 Aboubakar Aminu Mohammed Kanye Bryann X Fidelity

#jaiyeorie  

 



On the cover of @thewilldowntown’s latest issue is events planner extraordinaire @funkebucknor, speaking on the business of events/wedding planning, and challenges the industry faces in Nigeria. 

 

  If you ask many people, the wedding day is the most important in a person’s life. It is not that difficult to piece together. In a society like ours that places so much significance on marriage, it is only expected that the ceremony to celebrate the union are some of the most elaborate events in the country. And although all attention is on the bride—or in other events, the host— someone is responsible for bringing the vision that resulted in that event to life. 

 

 

Regarded as one of Nigeria’s pioneering event planners, @funkebucknor is certainly not new to weddings and events. Despite getting called to bar in 2000, Funke’s love for event planning influenced her decision to start Zapphaire Events, an independent event planning enterprise, three years later. Her wealth of experience in this field is unrivalled. She has planned some of the highest-profiled events within and outside Nigeria, earning her a feature in CNN’s Inside 

 

Africa for planning a Nigerian royal wedding. The entrepreneur and book author sat with DOWNTOWN’s Editor, Onah Nwachukwu @onahluciaa, to talk all things weddings and events. An excerpt... We all know that you started as a lawyer and then had a stint with an advertising agency before settling as an event planner. Is this fulfilling for you? When I started over 20 years ago, I didn’t even know that event planning would be this way or would take me this far. I just wanted to help my friends and take the stress off them when they were planning their events. When I studied law at the University of Lagos, I did it because of my parents. But along the way, after I finished, I realised that maybe law wasn’t what I wanted to do. 

 

 

So as soon as I finished law school, I worked in a law firm for a week, and immediately after that, I moved into an advertising agency for my NYSC. What are some major character traits that event planners must equip themselves with to be successful? I love this question. There are so many, but I will pick a few. One is the ability to organise− you are managing people, so you must know how to organise. You must be diplomatic. Pay attention to detail. Interpersonal skills are skills you must learn. ✍️✍️✍️ ✍️“feel free to disagree in the comments 👀 ☝️👆 & let JAIYEORIE know what U think!” 📎 COMMENTS 👈👉✍️🤳 DROP YOUR OPINIONS ✍️✍️✍️

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home