Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Niyola Spills on Exit from EME, Says Label Only Wanted to Project Her as Sexy

#jaiyeorie 


Eniola Akibo aka Niyola sat down with Chude Jidenowo where she talked all things career and spilled on her time at Empire Mates Entertainment (EME)

The singer who made her acting debut on Kunle Afolyan’s latest film for Netflix, Swallow, revealed that the Banky W co-owned record label only wanted to promote her in a sexy way she wasn’t comfortable with it.

“When a female artiste wants to do music, the first thing any man will think of as a business man is be sexy…I know I’m sexy but I am also smart, i love God but it is also important to find a person or people who understands that….I think that to be fair on the label, a lot of times, they just didn’t see it, they are business men and did things as far their knowledge carried them…I should have been marketed as who I was and not just as a girl that is pretty and that can sing” Niyola said.

. Speaking further on her exit, she revealed that it wasn’t a happy event as she felt she didn’t reap dividend of the time, blood, sweat and tears invested in her career while with the label.

“Leaving EME wasn’t a happy event….it was not happy in the sense that when you invest time, your blood and all into something, you want to see it yield results …but it didn’t happen as expected…….it was sad for me cos i feel I should have done enough more while there…we are still friends now though, i am friends with everyone” Niyola stated.


 “feel free to disagree in the comments and let me know what you think!” 📎 COMMENTS 👀 ☝️👆👈👉✍️🤳 DROP YOUR OPINIONS

Post a Comment

0 Comments