Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Normani for Allure September cover shoot for our color issue

#jaiyeorie 

Normani is a star in  bloom . She's in the final stages of producing her debut solo album, reveling in her grown womanhood, and more at home with who she is than ever before. In this month's cover story, Normani opens up about the struggles she has faced as a Black woman and the impact she wants to have on the music industry. "I'm reinventing myself, now you all are finally going to be able to see me tap into that awareness — that I know I'm the shit."

  "My purpose in this work that I do is for other people that feel like they have Black women figured out. There's so many layers to us, there's so many textures, there's so much that we're capable of doing. Yes, I can throw ass. But I can also give you a proper eight-count, and I can do ballet, and I can do contemporary dance. If I want to sing this pop ballad, then you're going to love it! While you see my Black face!" 


 

 Cover Story: @_lakinimani Photographer: @adrienneraquel Style: @nicolaformichetti Hair: @ursulastephen Makeup: @sarahtannomakeup Custom Designs: @laureldewitt Production: @viewfindersnyla Illustration 1: Liana Farmer (@ bylianarae) Illustration 2: @christinazimpel 


A bts look at our September cover shoot for our color issue with Normani.

 

“feel free to disagree in the comments and let me know what you think!” 📎 COMMENTS 👀 ☝️👆👈👉✍️🤳 DROP YOUR OPINIONS

Post a Comment

0 Comments