Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Kenya Barris Covers THR

#jaiyeorie 
Kenya Barris is gracing the latest issue of The Hollywood Reporter and he’s opening up about why he walked away from his $100 million deal with Netflix.

Inside his cover story, Kenya spoke saying:

I think a lot of people thought I got fired or I quit, like ‘F**k this,’ over some kind of beef with Netflix.

I’ll call this a diversity play, in some aspects, because it’s important to call a spade a spade. It’s a special time in this industry if you’re Black and you have something to say.

I want to do in-your-face shit. I want to sell to everybody — and if you don’t want to work with me, I’m not saying that you’re racist, but other people might.

Kenya Barris signed a new deal with ViacomCBS, where he has the freedom to create projects within and outside of the studio.

The deal also includes a seat on the board at BET Studios.

“feel free to disagree in the comments and let me know what you think!” 📎 COMMENTS 👀 ☝️👆👈👉✍️🤳 DROP YOUR OPINIONS

Post a Comment

0 Comments