Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Solange Knowles Slays In The New Harper’s Bazaar’s Digital Issue

Solange Knowles is on the latest digital issues of famous American magazine, Harper’s Bazaar. Flexing her creative muscles, the Grammy-winning singer styled herself “from a hand-selected roster of all-independent, majority-BIPOC designers;” for the stunning fashion spread which was photographed in isolation by her friend and frequent collaborator Naima Green. Solange also showed off her skills as a writer for the cover story as she shares a collection of poems that lay bare the private challenges and collective pain, the hard-won triumphs and personal essays which reflected on her childhood, the ongoing social justice issues and life in this ongoing pandemic. harpersbazaarus_121354381_830404717770745_5986611585429270517_n

“Some days I am on top of mountains. Some days I am weary. Some days I smile and laugh in ways I didn’t know I could,” Knowles’ reflects on stillness, joy, and the year that changed everything.

“Sometimes I grieve all of the loss, looking for pillars or anchors to hold on to. Some days I see so much promise in my future despite the chaos around me because I woke up a Black woman with this spirit in my heart. If I move, I am not running. If I move, it is by choice. I feel good knowing that I surrendered and found answers in my stillness.”

Solange Knowles Harper's Bazaar Fall Issue OnoBello (9)

She continued, “Joy was the sleep I got after releasing secrets from my bones. Joy was telling the truth. Joy was making a song that I didn’t care ever saw the light of day. Joy was taking a trip alone, and just sitting and staring at the water and seeing my reflection and thinking to myself, ‘Damn I’m fine.’

“Joy was having nothing on my calendar, and choosing what to do with my time. Joy was having a friend who didn’t care how ugly I cried, always inviting and encouraging me to just be, however that looked that day. Joy was discovery.”

Read the full feature here.


 📎 The key is : Learn how to BE HAPPY BY YOURSELF FIRST. Because a human being that is happy on his/her own will never settle to be miserable with someone else. When you find happiness on your own then you will be able to spread it and share it with someone else. ... CRITIC ALSO 🖋️ spill TEA ☕ Easy on Shade 💣

Post a Comment

0 Comments