Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Bella Disu answers Are leaders born or made?

Bella Disu answers Are leaders born or made?  jaiyeorieBella Disu answers Are leaders born or made?


She captioned on her IG page;
This question was asked during the Q & A session of the Glo Business Forum. I was glad to answer: Yes, some may have natural born traits such as intelligence, confidence and charisma, but ultimately, I believe that leaders are made. I talked about myself: How timid and shy I once was; how I couldn’t bear to make presentations in class; how, in a bid to avoid public speaking, I would even opt to write 15 page papers; and, how fear would envelope me every time I walked into a meeting. I was resigned to this fear/anxiety (“This is how I am,” I would tell myself), until I decided to take the mantle and become better. Today, I give public addresses and speak in front of large audiences frequently. From the outside looking in, it may appear that I’m a natural born speaker - that’s very far from it.


Leadership communication was a competency that I knew I had to develop, and so I read books, watched videos, took courses and put in countless hours practicing. We can become better at what we actively decide we want to be better at. I actively decided to pursue becoming a leader. I’m proof that it works. Our fast changing world requires relevant leadership skills to drive change, create impact and develop human capital. Regardless of rank in an organization, leadership roles are useful in other settings be it at home or in social clubs. My advice to each person in the room was to: Read books. Attend classes. Enroll in online courses. Watch videos. Remain on the continuum of learning. Be self-determined to develop your leadership potential to the fullest.





How is your day going.... Share...… …………….. ………….. …………. 🖋️ 📜 COMMENT BELOW Gossip - Who Which What Where When How #jaiyeorie 📎 ... CRITIC ALSO 🖋️ spill TEA ☕ Easy on Shade 💣

Post a Comment

0 Comments