Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

2003/2004 @modupeozolua in @frankosodirichard for @genevievemagazineng


❤jaiyeorie Ozolua slays in house of Bunor in one handexquisite Swiss lace mono-sleeve fitted dress 15 years ago

Betty Irabor writes on meeting Princess Modupe Ozolua on IG and captioned ;After series of back to back poor sale of magazines because we played it safe and cos most of the initial covers were not that commercial, I called my team and said "let's put Modupe Ozolua on our next cover . Modupe was trending but my suggestion met with stiff opposition "she's not a Genevieve woman, are we trying to encourage body enhancement, she is not a role model.. She has done boob job and bla bla bla.. " Only one or two of my team members supported me. " I am curious Abt this lady". I said . I want to know what made her choose that line of career at barely 25 yrs of age and why she is so bold to admit she had had cosmetic surgery at a time when no one dared to admit such. She had guts and I wanted to see what made her tick. My team still didn't buy into my cover subject .."our readers will not buy that copy , I was told. At that point, I was thinking as a business woman "We are going ahead and that's final, she has a story and I want to hear it, let's not judge what we don't understand". So we went ahead with the cover and interview ..one of my best interviews in 14 years I must say. Modupe gave me as much as I gave her , I hit her hard and she hit right back. She surprised me with her brilliance,audacity & business savviness.
Then that issue hit the street as the most controversial.. Many hated Modupe's guts as much as ours but they must also have loved that body that hotness even if.. because we sold out for the first time since we stated Genevieve; We printed 5k copies and sold out. Before her cover we couldn't dispose of 2k copies of mags. Our readers obviously were also curious abt Modupe to part with their N600 though a few told me how disappointed they were that I put "that girl" on the cover of our Genevieve"! I tell you, it was one of the smartest business moves I made in the earliest years of Genevieve. You have to change a formula that is no longer working, you have to take risks, you can't play it safe all the time, don't be afraid of controversies. Sometimes you have to fix it even if ain't broken.. .
 
  Did You ❤ ❤ this post? DROP A C.O.M.M.E.N.T ... spill TEA.... Easy on Shade #jaiyeorie

Post a Comment

0 Comments