Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Platnumz becomes the first East African artist to sign to Universal Music Group



Tanzania's Diamond Platnumz becomes a Universal Music Group (UMG) artist, having signed a recording deal with UMG South Africa.
Platnumz becomes the first East African artist to sign to the music group.

He has also recorded new music with International act Ne-yo, and is currently promoting this.
 
 Diamond said.
 
“When they announced he would be performing at the MTV Africa Music Awards, I was excited. After we met we discussed the possibility of doing a collaboration and he was ready to it. I chose Ne-Yo to record this song with because he fits my style of music. I am so happy because I grew up listening to Ne-Yo songs and most of my style is inspired by him so it’s a dream come true for a kid who grew up in a slum area in Tanzania.
 
“He’s a star, he is talented and full of energy and creatively he’s on par with any international artist I’ve worked with,” Sipho Dlamini, Universal Music’s Managing Director South Africa & Sub-Saharan Africa says.

THOUGHTS? ... spill TEA.... gently Easy on Shade

Post a Comment

0 Comments