Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

@AliciaKeys – ”How You Look Is Your Statement, Because It’s…..”



Alicia Keys - ''How You Look Is Your Statement, Because It’s.....''
Pretty Alicia Keys is on the cover for Glamour Magazine's March 2017 edition.

In a chat with Kimberly Drew, she talks about her stand to sans makeup since May 2016 and whether she considers beauty as a revolutionary act.


Read Excerpts from her Interview below:
On what she has learnt since swearing off makeup:
”I guess I’ve come to terms that life is going to be a constant peeling back of layers, a constant unlearning of what we’ve been taught or believe to be true. I think that I’ve come to terms with the fact that that’s just going to happen for the whole duration of my life. I feel really good about being able to look myself in the face and say, “Oh, who are you now?” And that might change.”


On her iconic braids and if she considers beauty to be a revolutionary act:
”It definitely is, but I didn’t think about that then. I didn’t think wearing braids was something revolutionary or iconic; that was just how I loved wearing my hair. I recognize now that how you look is your statement, because it’s a claiming of yourself. You’re saying, “Look, world. This is me. Love me or hate me, I really don’t care.” I guess that is the revolution. I think what happens in the world, and I think it’s part human nature and part programming, is we become an emulation of what we see. We become clones of each other. And to break free from that and say, “Wait, I’m deciding to be my own individual self. And it looks nothing like what anyone else is doing.” There’s something so powerful about being my own gorgeous, beautiful, individual, unique self”
Photos below:
Alicia Keys - ''How You Look Is Your Statement, Because It’s.....'' 1 Alicia Keys - ''How You Look Is Your Statement, Because It’s.....'' 3 Alicia Keys - ''How You Look Is Your Statement, Because It’s.....'' 2Alicia Keys - ''How You Look Is Your Statement, Because It’s.....'' 4

THOUGHTS? ... spill TEA.... gently Easy on Shade

Post a Comment

0 Comments