Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

💦 Usher named @essence’s Sexiest Man of The Moment

#jaiyeorie 

 

Visionary. Legend. Icon. Trendsetter. Everything he touches turns to a cultural moment. Yet, a title means nothing to Usher who continues to push boundaries across his 30-plus-year career. Something that he’s learned from the greats before him and hopes to inspire the next generation of R&B. “It’s about keeping the integrity, by keeping it live, keeping that mic on, keeping that band live and doing that work. I’m hoping that I can be a staple—in the same way Prince was for me—for the young people who are coming up after me. The same way that Michael Jackson and Bobby Brown and New Edition, and all those incredible performers of the past, were for me—I’m hoping that I can be the same for them.”

Usher’s taking his talents on the road this summer with his sold-out ‘Usher: Past, Present, Future,” spanning 17 cities across the U.S.Fans aren’t the only people eager to spend time with Usher. Along with his commitments as Usher, the performer, the star makes sure he’s showing up at home as Usher the father. With teenage boys Usher “Cinco” Raymond V, 16, and Naviyd, 15, plus daughter Sovereign, 3, and youngest son Sire, 2, he has his hands full.“I’m cooking breakfast for my babies; I’m changing diapers; I’m reading at bedtime,” he says. “ ‘Seven o’clock on the dot’ has obviously changed into something other than the drop top,” he jokes. “For my older boys, I try to help them understand their homework. I don’t get it as much, and I think that is hard for me, honestly. But I do take the time to make them, and make it a priority, and I do try to understand.”

Photo by ESSENCE on April 11, 2024. May be an image of 1 person, magazine, poster and text that says 'V ESSENCE'.
Photo by ESSENCE on April 11, 2024. May be an image of 1 person, magazine, poster and text that says 'w ESSENCE'.

Somebody broke into our office and once again stole our stuff, and we are here to address it.There has once again been a leak of our own personal photos, and while we are usually not into the drama, it’s time we get in the trenches
play icon
play icon
Photo by TheYBF on April 11, 2024. May be an image of 2 people, magazine, poster, book and text.
Photo by TheYBF on April 11, 2024. May be an image of 1 person, magazine, poster and text that says 'ESSENCE'.
Photo by TheYBF on April 11, 2024. May be an image of 1 person, fragrance, magazine, perfume and text that says 'ESSENCE'.
Photo by TheYBF on April 11, 2024. May be an image of 1 person, beard, magazine and text that says 'ESSENCE'.
Photo by TheYBF on April 11, 2024. May be an image of 1 person, magazine and text that says 'ESSENCE'.
Photo by TheYBF on April 11, 2024. May be an image of 1 person, magazine, poster, book and text.

💦 Usher was named an @essence’s Sexiest Man of The Moment
✍️“feel free to disagree in the comments 👀 ☝️👆 & let JAIYEORIE know what U think!” 📎

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Blogarama - Blog Directory