Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Declan Rice tells Tuchel his best position amid Chelsea link

#jaiyeorie


West Ham United star, Declan Rice has told Chelsea manager, Thomas Tuchel his best position amid transfer interest linking him with a move to the Blues.

The 22-year-old has continuously been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge, with former Chelsea boss, Frank Lampard, in particular a huge admirer of the midfielder.

Tuchel had reignited the club’s interest in the England international a few months ago.

However, Rice is now saying that he suits a box-to-box role ahead of any other amid links of a move to Tuchel’s side

Speaking to SoccerAM, Rice said: “You know what, I have had this conversation with the manager [David Moyes] here and a few of his coaches.

“I don’t think I can play really high up, I don’t think that would suit me, but I feel as though I could play as more of an 8, a box to box player, because I can definitely start to score more goals as well; I have got that in me for sure.

“So who knows? Wherever the manager wants me to play – whether that is as a holder or as a box-to-box – I am comfortable playing both.”

Rice was excellent for England at the recently concluded Euro 2020.

Meanwhile, as it stands, Chelsea’s midfield options are well-stocked with N’Golo Kante, Jorginho, Mateo Kovacic, Mason Mount and Ruben Loftus-Cheek all seen as viable options for the UEFA Super Cup winners.

“feel free to disagree in the comments and let me know what you think!” 📎 COMMENTS 👀 ☝️👆👈👉✍️🤳 DROP YOUR OPINIONS

Post a Comment

0 Comments