Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Malala Speaks About Her Programmes, Wearing a Headscarf, & More in British Vogue’s July Issue

#jaiyeorie 

Malala is the cover star British Vogue’s July issue, in which she talks about her dreams, her programmes, wearing a headscarf, and more.

Recall that the Pastikani is the youngest Nobel Peace Prize winner in history; she began campaigning for girls’ rights in Pakistan as an 11-year-old, a heroic activism which almost got her killed.

In this Vogue issue titled “The Extraordinary Life Of Malala,” she shares insights into her lifestyle, her programmes. See the excerpts:

On where she sees herself in 10 years’ time:

This is a question I have for myself every night. Lying awake in bed for hours thinking, ‘What am I going to do next? Where do I live next? Should I continue to live in the UK, or should I move to Pakistan, or another country?

The second question is, who should I be living with? Should I live on my own? Should I live with my parents? I’m currently with my parents, and my parents love me, and Asian parents especially, they want their kids to be with them forever.

About her headscarf:

I wear it more when I’m outside and in public. At home, it’s fine. If I’m with friends, it’s fine. It’s a cultural symbol for us Pashtuns, so it represents where I come from. And Muslim girls or Pashtun girls or Pakistani girls, when we follow our traditional dress, we’re considered to be oppressed, or voiceless, or living under patriarchy.

I want to tell everyone that you can have your own voice within your culture, and you can have equality in your culture.

On her forthcoming programmes:

I want these shows to be entertaining and the sort of thing I would watch. If I don’t laugh at them or enjoy them, I won’t put them on-screen

Describing Malala, Apple CEO Tim Cook says,

I don’t think there’s anyone quite like her. She’s an original. She has a lifetime of experience in 23 years,” says Cook. “She has the story of her life, all of her accomplishments, and she’s focused on making a difference in the world.

She has a North Star, which always impresses me about people. And despite all of this success, she’s humble and really down to earth and just a joy to spend time with. She’s amazing.

Read the complete article on Vogue.

Also check out the editorial spread: “feel free to disagree in the comments and let me know what you think!” 📎 COMMENTS 👀 ☝️👆👈👉✍️🤳 DROP YOUR OPINIONS

Post a Comment

0 Comments