Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

‘Policemen beat me till I peed on myself': - #EndSARS protester, Felicia Okpara tells Lagos panel

#jaiyeorie  

A #EndSARS protester, Felicia Okpara, testified against police, saying police brutalized her only for filming violence that took place during one of the protests in the Surulere area of ​​Lagos State. She said this on Friday as she recounted her ordeal to the State Judicial Council for Investigation and Restitution in Lagos. Okpara told the council that she had just concluded an interview in the area and was returning home when she saw the protest and decided to join. Shortly afterwards, she heard gunshots and people began to scaffold for safety. According to her, after she ran towards the police station, she decided to film the incident, but she was approached by a police officer who asked why she was filming and ordered her to stop. Refusing his orders, the said policeman pulled a gun on her, while the other joined in and both forcibly dragged herself and the other lady to a nearby police station. Arriving there, several police officers, including women, began beating and beating them. According to her, the beating was so much that she lost control and urinated. “While the beating was going on, I lost control of my body and my phone fell to the ground and one of them kicked it because he believed I was filming with it and that I would put it on the internet. "While we were still at that gate, some came out and joined the beating. He dragged me inside, I lost control of my body, I peed. I managed to get to the phone because I knew it was the only thing I had, ”Okpara said, fighting back tears.

📎 COMMENTS 👀 ☝️👆👈👉✍️🤳 DROP YOUR OPINIONS

Post a Comment

0 Comments