Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Madonna Talks Motherhood On The Latest Issue Of British Vogue

 
Madonna British Vogue (2) jaiyeorie
 Madonna is the latest cover star for British Vogue.
The photos evoke an Old Hollywood with Madonna in a bathtub in full makeup and glam. The film noir-inspired shoot is accompanied by an interview, where she talks about fighting for her success as a woman in the music industry and her motherhood challenges as a celebrity.
Here’s what she shared with the mag:
On her career being a battle: “People have always been trying to silence me for one reason or another, whether it’s that I’m not pretty enough, I don’t sing well enough, I’m not talented enough, I’m not married enough, and now it’s that I’m not young enough. So they just keep trying to find a hook to hang their beef about me being alive on. Now I’m fighting ageism, now I’m being punished for turning 60.”
Madonna British Vogue (3) jaiyeorie

On role models: “There are no living role models for me. Because nobody does what I do. And that’s kind of scary. I can look back at women who I think were great and amazing – freedom fighters, like Simone de Beauvoir or Angela Davis – but they didn’t have kids. Being a single parent of six children, I continue to be creative and be an artist and be politically active, to have a voice, to do all the things that I do. So I mean, there isn’t anybody in my position.”
On Lady Gaga: “People got very excited about that we were enemies, when we never were enemies.”
This is the first time that the 60-year-old entertainer is on the mag’s cover since February 1989.
Madonna British Vogue (1) jaiyeorie 📎 🤔COMMENT BELOW... CRITIC ALSO 🖋️ 📜 🗺️ 😂 ... spill TEA ☕ Easy on Shade 💣 COMMENT BELOW... CRITIC ALSO 🇳🇬 #jaiyeorie 🗺️

Post a Comment

0 Comments