Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

“No, I just came to cheer my friends up” - How Lota Chukwu Got The Role Of ‘Kiki’ In Jenifa’s Diary @TheLotaChukwu @lotaelixir



The story of how Lota Chukwu aka Kiki in comedy series, Jenifa’s diary, is a graduate of Agricultural Economics and Extension from the University of Benin. She started acting in 2011 after she won a talent show in Benin.


Image result for Lota Chukwu twitter

In an interview with Tush Magazine, Kiki talked about how she got the opportunity when not expecting on the set of the comedy series.

She said;

It felt surreal and it took some getting used to. I went there that day, but not with the intention to audition; I went there to cheer my friends up. My friends and I were just about to finish Royal Arts, I saw one of my teachers there and he was like, “Go and write your name” and I said “No, I just came to cheer my friends up” and then my teacher said that if I didn’t go to sign up for the audition, I shouldn’t say Hi to him. My friends were like on number 20, 21, etc. and I was among the 80s. I ended up getting auditioned at about 4pm when almost everybody had left and as luck would have it, when it was my turn, Funke Akindele was already there to watch the auditions. And then I did it, and she gave me a call back and gave me the role I was to be playing.


On how she copes with the publicity, she said;
I remember one day I was in church, it was a Sunday service at House on the Rock. So the pastor said, “Turn to your neighbor and say Jesus is my advocate” and then the lady beside me just turned and said “Jesus is my…. ahn Kiki, how is you” and everybody just turned. There was a time I went to the cinema with a friend and I checked my mentions after the movie and saw a tweet that read “Ahn, Kiki is that our boo?” and I showed my friend and we laughed about it. Sometimes, I feel honored when it happens, that someone watches my show, someone feels the need to walk up to me to say “Hi.”


Head over to Tush Magazine for full interview





Tell It as U FEEL , THOUGHTS? ... spill TEA.... gently Easy on Shade #jaiyeorie

Post a Comment

0 Comments