Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

For me, the most traumatic experience was seeing what my older sister went through she suffered terrible injuries and almost died - Olori of Ife, Wuraola Ogunwusi



The Olori of Ife, Wuraola Ogunwusi joined the fight against Female Genital Mutilation in Nigeria with United Nations and UN Women.
The Olori took to her Instagram page to talk about a woman’s traumatic experience with FGM .
She wrote:
olori5
“Today, we discuss FGM, Female Genital Mutilation. Through my work with @UnitedNations @UnitedWomen, we can end this terrible practice in Nigeria and Africa. “I was 6-years-old when I was cut. For me, the most traumatic experience was seeing what my older sister went through. She wasn’t as lucky  as me. she suffered terrible injuries and almost died. the scars will remain with us for life.” Assetou Toure, now 49, works to educate others and fight the practice of FGM. In our new series #FromWhereIStand, she tells her story and reminds us all that “we have a duty to act, to ensure every girl is able to live a dignified and fulfilled life.” #unwomen #endfgm: UN Women #OloriWuraola #HMWuraola #Nigeria

Post a Comment

0 Comments