Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

I remember when Kunle Afolayan wanted to do the cast for Figurine, I asked him if I could come for auditions but he told me that I am too ‘yellow’. - Chelsea Eze


Award winning actress,Chelsea said that dark skinned peers are more favoured in Nollywood somehow...Hmmmm.
 
 The actress said her skin tone has worked against her with producers saying she is too ‘yellow’ and if some have to use her, the makeup artiste on set tries to make her look dark.
 
 Here’s what Ms Eze said to Ademola Olonilua when asked if her complexion has ever worked against her.

Yes. There have been some projects that I was supposed to be involved in but I was told that I am too light skinned for the part. I remember when Kunle Afolayan wanted to do the cast for Figurine, I asked him if I could come for auditions but he told me that I am too ‘yellow’. There are some characters you need to play but you have to be dark skinned. I have had cases where I have to play some certain character and the make-up artiste makes me look very dark. Sometimes my complexion does not always favour me but I will not change my skin hue for any reason.....
 
Jaiyeorie Two Cents
 
I have seen Chelsea, she is not that fair complexioned...some producers like light skinned some dark....
In reference to figurine ...if it was a supporting role... Tosi Sido is fair..... girl....

Post a Comment

0 Comments