Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Tobi Awosoga #yoruba


For the benefit of this interview, could you please tell us your name and what you do for a living?
I am Tobi Awosoga, a film maker
Your educational background..
I am a graduate of theatre arts from Olabisi Onabanjo University, went to Our Lady of Apostles Secondary School, Ijebu Ode and also saint Anthony Nursery and Primary school.
When did you venture into acting?
I started acting since 1997.
So far, how many movies have you featured in?
Wow... I can't count o, but I have featured in so many like Iranse Aje, Agidi, Ife Ja Funmi, Alantakun, Sebi Ni Abi Ese, Aiye Oloore and many more.


How many movies have you produced to your credit?
11 movies and still counting.

Wow! Could you please name them?
Leyin Odun Mewa, Emi Naa Ko, Aiye Oloore, Fi Ife Han 1&2, Orilomo 1&2, Madake, Kola Adunbarin and Eesu (Nemesis) 1&2
At what point in your acting career did you decide to start producing movies? How was it like when you first started?
I started producing in 2006. I always use my money to produce to get a marketer to sell for me, although it was because my face was new then but I thank God and Oyedele Nig Ltd that took the bold step to sell for me. That, I will always remember.
Do you believe in having caucus of friends in the movie industry before you can be known as an actress? And do you belong to any caucus in particular?

Noooo. I don't have any caucus till date and I am doing great. But I love all my colleagues so well that we interact too well. I have my registered company and I operate with it.
Since you don't belong to any caucus,  do people call you to feature in their jobs?
Oh yes few of them but sweetheart I am not too bothered about that because I got other things doing.

Have ever been a victim of sexual harassment in the hands of producers?
Nope. That was what prompted my film producing gangan, thanks to my father always. That's the best route to avoid sexual harassment (movie production).
Your role model or mentor in the movie industry?
All of my colleagues, we are all learning from each other. Equal love I have for them all.
Describe Tobi in few words?
Wow... Tobi a very straight forward no nonsense woman with a very large heart to forgive so many times.

I know you have 2 lovely daughters, Adeewa and Jomiloju, how is it like combining motherhood with acting?

Very interesting darling, I am really enjoying both.


source Mercy Tanimola

Post a Comment

0 Comments