BBNaija’s Uriel lists THREE REASONS she won’t act in Nollywood movies

Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

BBNaija’s Uriel lists THREE REASONS she won’t act in Nollywood movies

#jaiyeorie

 The reality TV personality claims that performers are being cast into roles based on stereotypes.  Thirdly, Nollywood performers don't get paid well, and secondly, Nollywood films are predictable.

She added that she is superior to certain actresses in Nollywood right now because of her innate creative instinct and familiarity with drama in the UK.

This information was revealed by Uriel in a Cool FM interview.

Hear her say, "Many [filmmakers] have asked me to star in their projects. I always get requests to be in movies; I get approached to be an actress via email and direct messages.


 

“And I know that I’m a very good actress. I am probably better than some of the actresses in Nollywood right now. And that’s me being real. Apart from having a natural artiste instinct, I studied drama in the UK. So, I know that I’m quite a good actor.

“I’ve been approached by a lot of people to get into acting but I’ve always turned them down. The reason I turned down gigs for acting in Nigeria is because, one, you’re always going to be stereotyped into a role; two, some of the scripts are a bit too predictable; and three, they [filmmakers] don’t pay well.”

 

✍️“feel free to disagree in the comments 👀 ☝️👆 & let JAIYEORIE know what U think!” 📎

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Blogarama - Blog Directory (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});