Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Usher Addresses T-Pain’s Claims that His Auto-Tune Comments Sent Him Into Depression

#jaiyeorie 

Usher has finally spoken up weeks after T-Pain accused him of making comments that sent him into depression.

In case you missed it: The rapper revealed this in the upcoming Netflix series “This Is Pop,” saying the statement from his famous “friend” sent into a 4-year battle with depression. “Usher was my friend,” the “Buy U a Drank” performer explained, according to Entertainment Weekly. “I really respect Usher. And he said, ‘I’m gonna tell you something, man. You kinda f–ked up music.’”

T-Pain said he had thought Usher was joking, until the “Confessions” singer doubled down on his comments. “And then he was like, ‘Yeah man you really f–ked up music for real singers,’” T-Pain recalled Usher saying. “I was like, ‘What did I do? I came out and I used Auto-Tune.’”

“He was like, ‘Yeah, you f–ked it up.’ I’m like, ‘But I used it, I didn’t tell everybody else to start using it.’”

T-Pain added that these comments would become the catalyst for his lengthy depression. “That is the very moment, and I don’t even think I realised this for a long time, but that’s the very moment that started a four-year depression for me,” T-Pain shared.

Now, speaking with Billboard, Usher explained that his intentions were never to condemn T-Pain and added that he is “happy” Pain shared the story and its impact on him with the world. “I’m happy that T-Pain said something — I’m not sure if it was before or after our actual conversation, after I heard what was said. It was very hurtful to know that he had experienced that kind of hardship in life,” Usher said. “I wouldn’t wish that on any person. Private conversations for me have always been intended to uplift. But when or if people get pieces of it, they can always have some other interpretation. But we’ve spoken since and we’re good.”

Visit Billboard to read Usher’s interview in full.

“feel free to disagree in the comments and let me know what you think!” 📎 COMMENTS 👀 ☝️👆👈👉✍️🤳 DROP YOUR OPINIONS

Post a Comment

0 Comments