I’m going to prove to people that I can do this and that I’m here to stay.” - Dua Lipa Tells How She Overcame Performance Criticism to Prove She’s ‘Here to Stay’

Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

I’m going to prove to people that I can do this and that I’m here to stay.” - Dua Lipa Tells How She Overcame Performance Criticism to Prove She’s ‘Here to Stay’

#jaiyeorie

Dua Lipa recalled the unkind flak she caught after her 2018 Brit Awards performance, and now tells Vanity Fair that moments like that served as the motivation she needed to perfect her delivery.

“It’s one thing when people are mean about you, but you know that you did your best,” she said to the publication, as she appears on the July and August magazine cover. “But it’s another thing when people are mean about you and you know that you actually haven’t had the opportunity to be the best because you’ve spread yourself so thinly in trying to do everything at once.”

She continued that she is here to stay, saying, “I just wanted to make sure that this time around, I was very much in control of the fact that I’m going to do the music, then I’m going to rehearse,” She shared. “And then when I come in and I do the performances, they’re all going to be amazing. I’m going to prove to people that I can do this and that I’m here to stay.”

Dua Lipa, who had mentioned before about getting “bullied online,” also discussed her plans for the next few years, where she hopes to dive into acting or wine making. “I want to solidify myself as an artist in that aspect first, before anything else,” Dua shared. “For now, I just wanna make sure the music is good.”

“feel free to disagree in the comments and let me know what you think!” 📎 COMMENTS 👀 ☝️👆👈👉✍️🤳 DROP YOUR OPINIONS

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Blogarama - Blog Directory (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});