Oprah Winfrey Speaks on Domestic Violence Experience Growing Up

Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Oprah Winfrey Speaks on Domestic Violence Experience Growing Up

#jaiyeorie

Oprah Winfrey is set to make an appearance on Dr. Oz show on Thursday, recalled terrifying domestic violence experience from her life.

Oprah share snippets of her new book with Dr. Perry, ‘What Happened to You,’ conversations on Trauma, Resilience and Healing, where she detailed the memory that is linked to her feeling unsafe while sleeping.

“My grandmother and I slept in the bed together. My grandfather was in a room on the other side of the wall and one night in the middle of the night, my grandfather gets out of bed and comes into the room,” she recalls. “And I wake up and he has his hands around my grandmother’s neck and she is screaming.”

“She manages to push him off of her and step over him. He falls. She steps over him and runs to the front door. I run out of the bed with her. It’s pitch black in the middle of the night in rural Mississippi,” she continues. “And she goes out on the porch and she starts screaming ‘Henry, Henry.’ There is an old man who lived down the road that we call Cousin Henry, he was blind.”

“feel free to disagree in the comments and let me know what you think!” 📎 COMMENTS 👀 ☝️👆👈👉✍️🤳 DROP YOUR OPINIONS

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Blogarama - Blog Directory (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});