Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

How can I preach what I don’t practice? -Kirk Franklin Forgives Biological Father who put him up for Adoption

How can I preach what I don’t practice?

 

 Kirk Franklin, has taken to social media to announce that he has made peace with his biological father.
His biological father gave him up for adoption, is terminally ill and has at most 6 months to live, Franklin travelled to Houston to meet him for the very first time
Read his post on Facebook below.
So…..
Two days ago, I received an anonymous call that my biological father, who I never knew, has 3-6 months to live. I’ve lived my entire life hating this man. He and my biological mother gave me up for adoption, and it left me never feeling good enough….to this very day.
I took my hate for him and used it as fuel to be the best father I could be for my own. But what I did wrong, is I never took that fuel, and turn it into forgiveness….and that is wrong. Wrong for him, me, and the God I proclaim to represent. How can I preach what I don’t practice?
So I flew to Houston yesterday to do that. It’s painful, it’s a process, but how disappointed I would be in myself for this man to leave this earth without being forgiven. He deserves to receive what God gives me every day.
Pray for him, and for me. God this is hard…
I weep as I write.GOSSIP ABOUT JAIYEORIE TO THE NEXT PERSON Tell A Friend about Jaiyeorie FOLLOW Instagram - Jaiyeorie Facebook - jaiyeorie Weddings - jaiyeorieweddings Advertise/ send gist to us - jaiyenews@gmail.com ... spill TEA Easy on Shade #jaiyeorie

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Blogarama - Blog Directory