Tuesday 31 July 2018

Hauwa Ojeifo's Message Of Hope To The Depressed and Mentally Ill as She Receives The Queen’s Young Leaders Award


Hauwa Ojeifo's Message Of Hope To The Depressed and Mentally Ill as She Receives The Queen’s Young Leaders Award
Hauwa Ojeifo has received her Queen’s Young Leaders Award from Her Majesty in Buckingham Palace in England.






Hauwa is the founder of She Writes Woman, a movement of love, hope and support for women that live with mental disorders.
Hauwa Ojeifo wrote,
“It has been such a LONG ROUGH journey, but all of it led me to this moment some nights ago. I am so incredibly grateful to the Almighty Allah for keeping me alive during the times I wanted to end it all. Rising above imposed standards and giving mental illness a voice has been one of the most fulfilling things I have been called to do.
I have been told that no one will marry me (lol) because of all that I have been open about. People have tried to take advantage of me because they felt my mental illness was something to take advantage of. I’ve been told to not air my dirty laundry in public and reduce my voice on uncomfortable matters that affect us all.
Today, it is a privilege to be a symbol of hope to everyone who has thought that their mental health is a death sentence. It isn’t. Seek help @shewriteswoman and hold on long enough, I promise it’ll be worthwhile.
This incredible honour is for every woman who has been raped, abused, violated, lost her self worth, battled PTSD, diagnosed with depression or bipolar or any other mental illness, experienced paranoia, delusions, psychosis and suicidal ideations. This is for everyone whoever had a dream and lost their way, lost their minds and gave up hope.
This is for those who feel their lives will never amount to anything and that death will be kind by taking them. This is for YOU if you absolutely know what it is to not see beyond today because your past holds you way too tightly. This is also for those we lost to suicide, we did them a great injustice. I hope they find peace.


So if you’re alive and reading this, you are worthy. You are loved. There’s help. There’s hope. There’s support. You will rise again. You are rising even though it doesn’t feel like it. Because you are, therefore I am. So thank you, for staying alive so far. Continue to stay alive.  If you ever feel like you can’t, please stay on my page till I convince you because if I can, you can too. Your path may not be mine, but I’d show you possibilities for your future and that’s all you’ll need.”




 FOLLOW fb.me/jaiyeorieblog m.me/jaiyeorieblog ... spill TEA ABOUT THE TOPIC ABOVE.... Easy on Shade #jaiyeorie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home