Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Sharon Ezeamaka Speaks On Her Life As A Feminist

#mynameiskay

Sharon Ezeamaka believes in an interview with Ikenna Obioha of The Sun, Sharon speaks on her ideals as a feminism and growing up without her father.
She said,
On Feminism
I’m a feminist! Let’s start from there. I don’t joke with that part of my life. I’m a feminist. I’ve been a feminist since before it became a ‘thing’. I’ve always been a feminist.
For me, whenever someone says, ‘you are a feminist?’ I’m like, ‘have you gone to the dictionary to know what that word means?’ It just basically means someone who believes that men and women should have equal opportunities; economically, socially and in every area of their lives, and I don’t think that is far-fetched.
I think that if I work hard for something, I should be able to get it whether I am a man or a woman. It means that I believe that we should have equal opportunities. Just because I’m a girl doesn’t mean I can’t do this because I’m a girl.
Feminism at home
I was raised by a woman. It never stopped her from being an incredible parent. I mean it’s just society’s idea of what a woman should be. I don’t think that applies to anything. I feel a man can be just as good a parent as a mum and a woman as good a parent as a dad. Does it really matter what your gender is? All that matters is who you are at the end of the day.
I grew up with a single parent and I never felt like I was missing anything because she puts all of her attention on us. My mum is a superhero and there are lots of mums in the world who are superheroes like her and most people don’t see it that way because you don’t have a dad. I don’t think why people feel there is something wrong with you because you grew up with a single mother. ... spill TEA.... Easy on Shade #jaiyeorie

Post a Comment

0 Comments