Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Zoe Saldana Channels PRINCE For Net-A-Porter

 photo EditZoe10.png
Zoe Saldana  channels the late Prince for Net-A-Porter’s “The Edit.” In the cover story, the Nina Simone actress shared her  thoughts on gender inequality in Hollywood and the importance of why women should support films made by women and for women.


“The high road is no longer silent,” Zoe said. “The high road is speaking up and saying, ‘You’re a d***! What you are doing is unfair. I’m not asking you to idolize me, I’m asking you to pay me equally, because you always come to me whenever you need me for a press tour!’”
She continued, “As women in positions of power, we have to use it to help other women. I got used to being the only girl in the room. Look at The Losers, look at Star Trek... It’s lonely! I couldn’t care less about male-driven stories and war movies, not because I’m not an intellectual individual, but because I want to know what’s happening to a woman.”
As for women not supporting female based films, she said, “The responsibility can’t only fall on women in the public eye. The audience have the power. They are the ones buying the tickets to all these man-made movies. There are films being made by female directors, by female writers, with lead female roles, but women are not going to those movies. We’re going with our boyfriends to hold their f***ing hands to go see a movie that we couldn’t care less about!”
We appreciate her brutally honest responses to inequality in Hollywood.
Take a peek at Zoe's editorial homage to the Purple One below:
 photo editzoe1.jpg
 photo editzoe2.jpg
 photo editzoe4.jpg
 photo editzoe5.jpg
 photo editzoe3.jpg
 photo editzoe6.png

By the way, Star Trek: Beyond hits theaters this Friday (July 22nd).
Photos: Getty/Net-A-Porter

Post a Comment

0 Comments