Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Nia Long on Larry King About Hip Hop’s obsession with her

Nia Long sat down for a chat with Larry King on Hip Hop’s obsession with her. Plenty of rappers have dropped her name in tracks, including Kanye West, A Tribe Called Quest, Nas, Lil Wayne and more.

Nia explained why she’s so connected to the Hip Hop world saying:
“So I grew up at a time where Puffy Combs was running nightclubs in New York City, and Boyz In The Hood was out, and Heavy D, my beloved brother who I miss madly, you had Biggie Smalls, you had Tupac, and there was Boyz In The Hood. So, this was an era where we were all growing up in this business, and kind of changed the game a little bit, and gave urban music --black music and black films-- a space to actually do our thing. And I think that the rappers just kind of were feeling Nia Long a little bit.”

, J. Cole dropped Nia’s name on his track “No Role Modelz” where he raps:
My only regret was too young for Lisa Bonet
My only regret was too young for Nia Long
Now all I'm left with is hoes from reality shows
Hand her a script the b*tch probably couldn't read along
Nia responded, “He’s really not too young. He just doesn’t know it.”

 Peep the clip below:

 Nia is engaged to NBA coach Ime Udoka.

Post a Comment

0 Comments