Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Powerful Message To Her Painful Past In ‘Steel Here’ Video @TishaCampblMrtn @TishaCampbell



  • TV’s darling child star turned diva 90’s to 2000’s  Tisha Campbell, has some powerful advice:
Be victorious, not a victim.
 Tisha sings on the track:
I’m still resilient. I’m always gonna be here
Because I’m supposed to be here.
I’m only my existence-
It’s a system of survival. Because I’m my only revival.
Yes I’m on a misson (put your seat belt on)
I know I’m on assignment, the stars are in alignment. I’m ready for this!
Black butterfly,
Got my paintbrush, got my canvas and I’ll paint the sky!
I’m-I’m-I’m- still/steel here!
 Although the incident happened over four decades ago, the burden of the abuse still weighs heavily on Tisha’s heart and mind. The Real Husbands of Hollywood actress admits that the letter has helped her to completely break away from being chained to the pain of her troubled past.  In the visual, Tisha wears a portion of the letter written across her chest which says:
“Dear Beloved Tisha, this apology has been in my heart and on my mind for decades. For decades there has been a grieving pain within me coupled with an unending shame for my past behavior…”
Tisha Campbell Martin Steel Here Official Video 6 Tisha Campbell Martin Steel Here Official Video 8
Tisha also took to Twitter to break down the symbolic video, which features everything from a white-outfit clad Tisha surrounded by butterflies, to the singer dressed in a black dress:
“The color of the dress reps beauty and strength each dancer attached 2 me reps purging of anger, grudge, pain, low self esteem, self-deprecation or any negative emotion) being released and the freedom from it. The writing on my body and the man writing the letter reps the actual words of an apology letter I recently received from the person who violated me when I was 3 yrs old. By blessing me with the apology letter he allotted me the ability to be free and to forgive #blessed #thankful”
Tisha Campbell Martin Steel Here Official Video 2Tisha Campbell Martin Steel Here Official VideoOMG!!!!
For about a year now, Tisha has been no stranger to opening up about her sexual abuse in an effort to help others see themselves less as a victim and more as victorious, even admitting recently to Madame Noire that when she first became a mother, she had troubles breastfeeding her son in fear that she’d “hurt him.” Although she reveals she was later able to get over this in time to share the bond with her second child, at one point, the events of Tisha’s rape temporarily made her overthink her motives as a mother, struggling to not confuse her innocent “mom”ents with perhaps being too intimate. Could you imagine?
She even opened up last year on “The Daily Helpline Talk Show” to help a young caller who’d been dealing with bulimia ever since her assault. Tisha offered the 20-year-old some powerful advice for her life:
Tisha Campbell Martin Steel Here Official Video 5
“You can no longer be a victim, you have to be victorious at this point. You can’t play the victim cause at this point, I’m not saying this to put you down or anything. What I’m saying is he’s winning, and you are allowing him to win. You are making a conscious decision to harm yourself, to hurt yourself and allow this person to still have dominion over your life. You can’t do that anymore.”
“The reason why I can absolutely say this to you without judgment or anything else, and this is the first time I ever said this on camera in front of millions, national, people, is that I too have been a victim of the same thing. When I was three, I was raped by an older person. Now I knew as a child that I did nothing wrong and that this wasn’t my fault, but I found forgiveness in the guilt that I might’ve had.”
Tisha Campbell Martin Steel Here Official Video 11


Post a Comment

0 Comments