Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Jada pinkett Smith !! kicks against sex trafficking

 photo jrol2.jpg43-year-old graces the newest issue  of Rolling Out magazine


.On being hesitant to join the Magic Mike XXL cast:
“I had some reservations because of my work in human trafficking,” she confides. “I went into this role cynical. Oftentimes, we look at sexual energy as an energy that should be used when having sex."
“What I realized in my human trafficking advocacy is that the sex industry is going to exist. There is no way to eradicate this. The clothing industry is going to exist. There is as much trafficking in the clothing industry, in the chocolate industry, in the coffee bean industry. Instead of focusing on eradication, I wanted to bring the idea that no matter what someone is doing, they should be treated as a human being. I wanted Rome to embody an energy, which shows that a woman can have a sense of self-respect, dignity and demand that from whomever she deals with in a sexually charged environment.”
On what inspired her to advocate against human trafficking:
“It was my daughter [Willow]. She came to me and was like, there are people in this country who are selling children my age for sex. I went on the Internet and saw that it was true. She said, ‘I really want to lend a voice to this.’ I said, ‘Well, let me help you be a buffer.’ It’s how it all started.”
On her role as Rome in the stripper flick:
“The role was actually written for a guy. It was originally written with Jamie Foxx in mind. There were scheduling difficulties. I got on a Skype call with Channing and Greg [Jacobs] who is the director of the film. Channing said he wanted to change the role from a guy to a girl. He really wanted to infuse a responsibility in this component of adult entertainment. I was like, that’s a radical idea. That’s a wonderful challenge. I am down for that,” shares the Baltimore native.
On if she had fun filming the film:
“I did. To realize how much sexual energy can bring so much joy, it opens up so many gateways to creativity … to the soul, without actually engaging in ways we were told we should in sexually charged environments. And, that was really surprising: to be able to look at all these beautiful people and not think about sleeping with anybody. Just basking in that energy was just joyous. We were on that set for hours and no one was tired of being there and working. It was so much fun. It was just a joy. It is really a beautiful communication. It’s awesome. That’s what I learned. I really realized, maybe Channing’s right: maybe there is a way to be entertained in this adult way responsibly.”

Post a Comment

0 Comments