Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Beverly Johnson: “Bill Cosby Drugged Me”

Another name has been added to the growing list of women who have accused Bill Cosby of drugging them. This time, the woman making the allegations is former supermodel Beverly Johnson. In an essay for Vanity Fair, the 62-year-old beauty recounts her experience.
According to Johnson, the incident occurred in Cosby’s Brownstone home after the actor showed interest in casting her in one of the episodes of “The Cosby Show.” She says that the drugs were mixed in her cappuccino. “He offered me a cappuccino from the espresso machine,” she wrote. “I told him I didn’t drink coffee that late in the afternoon because
it made getting to sleep at night more difficult. He wouldn’t let it go. He insisted that his espresso machine was the best model on the market and promised I’d never tasted a cappuccino quite like this one.” Because she had experimented with substances in the past, the actress says that she immediately realized that she had been drugged. Her essay continues: “My head became woozy, my speech became slurred, and the room began to spin nonstop. Cosby motioned for me to come over to him as though we were really about to act out the scene. He put his hands around my waist, and I managed to put my hand on his shoulder in order to steady myself. As I felt my body go completely limp, my brain switched into automatic-survival mode. That meant making sure Cosby understood that I knew exactly what was happening at that very moment. ‘You are a motherf-cker aren’t you?’ That’s the exact question I yelled at him as he stood there holding me, expecting me to bend to his will. I rapidly called him several more ‘motherf-ckers.’ By the fifth, I could tell that I was really pissing him off. At one point he dropped his hands from my waist and just stood there looking at me like I’d lost my mind.” Johnson went on to say that Cosby quickly became enraged and responded by yanking her down a flight of stairs and shoving her into a taxi. She later attempted to call his home to confront him about the incident, but his wife, Camille Cosby, answered the phone. “I dialed the private number he’d given me expecting to hear his voice on the other end. But he didn’t answer. His wife did. A little shocked, I quickly identified myself to her in the most respectful way possible and then asked to speak to Bill. Camille politely informed me that it was very late, 11:00 P.M. and that they were both in bed together. I apologized for the late call and explained that I was in Los Angeles and had forgotten about the three-hour time difference. I added that I would call back tomorrow.” She adds: “I didn’t call back the next day or any other day after that. At a certain moment it became clear that I would be fighting a losing battle with a powerful man so callous he not only drugged me, but he also gave me the number to the bedroom he shared with his wife. How could I fight someone that boldly arrogant and out of touch?”

Post a Comment

0 Comments