Helen Williams has done it again! The Nigerian professional wigmaker has added a third major wig world record to her collection — this time for the tallest wig in the world.
And when we say tall, we mean 15.37 metres (50.42 ft) — taller than a three-storey building! Guinness World Records officially recorded the achievement on September 27, 2025, in Lagos.
Helen used 250 bundles of synthetic hair, spent more than ₦3 million on the project and worked for two weeks to complete it. Her first test attempt actually failed, forcing her to redesign the internal structure before trying again.
She already holds the record for the longest handmade wig, measuring a staggering 351.28 metres, and the widest wig, measuring 3.65 metres.
So this isn't her first time asking, “How far can I take a wig?”
It's her third major wig record.
Helen put it beautifully:
“I don’t think I’ll ever stop breaking records.”
She isn't just making wigs anymore. She's turning wig-making into a spectacle, a skill and a record-breaking statement.
Helen Williams isn't done breaking records.
Speaking to Guinness World Records, she described the achievement as a personal battle against doubt and limitations:
“I don’t think I’ll ever stop breaking records.”
She compared breaking a record to climbing a mountain — difficult during the climb, but rewarding when you finally reach the top. She added:
“Breaking another record shows that nothing is impossible.”
And when asked whether this would be her last record, Helen made it clear:
“There are more records to break, more boundaries to push and more dreams to achieve.”
What GWR said
Guinness World Records officially recorded Helen's wig at 15.37 metres (50.42 ft), making it the world's tallest wig. The record was achieved in Lagos on September 27, 2025. GWR described it as her third major wig record, following her longest handmade wig and widest wig records.
A 15-metre wig?! What is the next record Helen should attempt?

No comments:
Post a Comment