Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Toke Makinwa reveals she moved to LA with the hope of breaking into Hollywood but her dream did not materialise.

#jaiyeorie
Toke Makinwa reveals she moved to LA with the hope of breaking into Hollywood but her dream did not materialise. 

She expressed gratitude for her growth and versatility in the industry, acknowledging the sacrifices she has made to achieve her goals.

Toke Makinwa  shared her previous aspirations to break into Hollywood, relocating to Los Angeles three years ago to pursue acting classes.

However, she accepted that the timing wasn’t right and has since focused on her career in Nigeria.

Makinwa expressed contentment with her current path, recognizing that she has grown and become more confident in her abilities.

Her words: “5 movies with yours truly, the second half of the year and I’m fully in my Acting Bag. Thankful for growth, grateful for versatile roles too. I’m really doing this guys. There has been a lot of sacrifice too. I’ve missed out on so much fun things happening but there’ll always be time to turn up some more. Once I commit to something, I chase it with everything.

“3 years ago I moved to LA with the thought of becoming the next Nigerian to break into the world of Acting out there, I was so sure it was the next move, started taking classes too. God said not yet. But gave me room to grow back home.

“I look back now and I’m thankful it didn’t happen cos I was not half as confident or even good or ready for the job. Today I’ve grown, I’m still learning but I’m much more confident. The dream is not wrong, the timing must be right to protect you.”

 
 


 
✍️“feel free to disagree in the comments 👀 ☝️👆 & let JAIYEORIE know what U think!” 📎

Post a Comment

0 Comments