Lady Gaga Reveals the Personal Meaning Behind ‘911’ Music Video

Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Lady Gaga Reveals the Personal Meaning Behind ‘911’ Music Video

 Lady Gaga recently unveiled a music video for 911, a song from her album Chromatica.

In a May interview with Apple Music, Lady Gaga shared that 911 is about an antipsychotic medication called Olanzapine which the pop star is prescribed. “It’s because I can’t always control things that my brain does. I know that. And I have to take medication to stop the process that occurs,” explained Gaga.

Lady Gaga 911

In film guise, this translates to Gaga stranded in a barren desert landscape, blindfolded and surrounded by halved pomegranates. Then comes a mysterious masked rider, a tripped-out village, and a myriad of beauty looks—an aquamarine mane twisted into a variety of updos, coordinated painterly eye makeup, an over-the-glove manicure, and headpieces that veer from menacing to angelic.


In an Instagram caption promoting the film, Gaga shed further light on its significance. “This short film is very personal to me, my experience with mental health and the way reality and dreams can interconnect to form heroes within us and all around us,” wrote Gaga.

Lady Gaga went on to thank her devoted fans. “I’m awake now, I can see you, I can feel you. Thank you for believing in me when I was very afraid. Something that was once my real-life every day is now a film; a true story that is now the past and not the present. It’s the poetry of pain.”

📎
View this post on Instagram

This short film is very personal to me, my experience with mental health and the way reality and dreams can interconnect to form heroes within us and all around us. I’d like to thank my director/filmmaker Tarsem for sharing a 25 year old idea he had with me because my life story spoke so much to him. I’d like to thank Haus of Gaga for being strong for me when I wasn’t, and the crew for making this short film safely during this pandemic without anyone getting sick. It’s been years since I felt so alive in my creativity to make together what we did with “911”. Thank you @Bloodpop for taking a leap of faith with me to produce a record that hides in nothing but the truth. Finally, thank you little monsters. I’m awake now, I can see you, I can feel you, thank you for believing in me when I was very afraid. Something that was once my real life everyday is now a film, a true story that is now the past and not the present. It’s the poetry of pain.

A post shared by Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) on

The key is : Learn how to BE HAPPY BY YOURSELF FIRST. Because a human being that is happy on his/her own will never settle to be miserable with someone else. When you find happiness on your own then you will be able to spread it and share it with someone else. ... CRITIC ALSO 🖋️ spill TEA ☕ Easy on Shade 💣

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Blogarama - Blog Directory (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});