Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

LisaRaye Spills Why 'Player’s Club' Reboot and more

             
LisaRaye McCoy reveals why a Player’s Club and “All Of Us” reboot might happen, her thoughts on Jennifer Lopez’s alleged “Oscar worthy” HUSTLERS performance.




LisaRaye McCoy dishes on whether a Player’s Club reboot . The 1998 film was written and directed by Ice Cube and it was also the west coast rapper-turned-actor/producer’s directorial debut.


 LisaRaye spoke on Hustlers the movie;

”When Jennifer Lopez did that movie [HUSTLERS] and said ‘I’m playing Diamond’ and I was thinking, ‘Yeah, you playing because I am Diamond. Forever Diamond.’ I felt a little like why wouldn’t you get the iconic woman who bought stripping BACK to everybody.”
”And then I saw Ice Cube last year, she continued. “I pulled him to the side and I said, ‘I think it’s time for a second Player’s Club.’ He said, ‘Oh yeah, let’s talk about it.’ And then that’s when the Jennifer Lopez movie came out. So then I felt like, do we still want ours to be – still have that urban twist or make it bigger? More universal? So, let’s just say that that’s going to be discussed.”
”What tripped me out is that they were actually talking about an Oscar for that role and I was like, ‘Are you kidding me?!’,” she said.
 LisaRaye didn’t think JLo’s performance was Oscar worthy.
 Jenny didn't get the nomination, either .
”And I felt like, is the Oscar going down? Or just looking for somebody? Or whatever. Did they say that or did they just put that out there? I still haven’t seen the movie, but what I did see…and again, not hating because I love me some JLo, honey. Love her, everything about her, but yeah that wasn’t an Oscar.”













Photo: LisaRaye's IG



​ ​ spill TEA ☕ Easy on Shade 💣

Post a Comment

0 Comments