Janelle Monáe talks embracing her limits and life in lockdown

Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Janelle Monáe talks embracing her limits and life in lockdown


Janelle Monáe talks embracing her limits and life in lockdown
 In an interview with Essence, the star shared that after overworking herself in 2019, she realised the importance of taking care of her health.


Speaking on her schedule Janelle shared all the work she did that took a toll on her. She said in part; “Last year, we were at the Grammys with Dirty Computer and performing, which was fun but exhausting mentally. Then we did Coachella for two weekends along with everything in between that’s life. Then I was filming Antebellum in May for two months. Then I went on tour for two months right after that. Then I left Japan and came to L.A. to film Homecoming for two months. Looking back on it, I kind of want to slap myself for not allowing myself to have a small break in between.”
She says within that time she realised the importance of her health. She said in part; “I also realize that health is extremely important. I was diagnosed with mercury poisoning, with high levels of it inside me, maybe the same week I started filming Homecoming. So, throughout the whole filming, I was not completely myself.”
She added; “I am allowing myself to take time and monitor my health. This year could have been completely different for me if I didn’t catch it.”
Speaking on the lockdown, Janelle shared how she’s been spending her time saying in part; “I watch and write a lot of science fiction to deal with this pandemic, which is a scary thing. I didn’t think we would really be in the middle of a pandemic where people walk around in masks. You can’t touch people. You can’t trust people. Families are not able to see their loved ones pass on. We’re dealing with an administration who’s putting capitalism before the health and well-being of this country. So, I’m sad and angry. I also feel hope in our communities. We are coming together and have many heroes. The doctors, nurses, scientists, and the essential workers are coming together to help us. I mean, humanity. I don’t think we could have depended on this administration. It’s going to have to be the people that save the people.”
Janelle Monáe talks embracing her limits and life in lockdown. What do you think about what she has to say?
 

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Blogarama - Blog Directory (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});