Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Taraji P. Henson Opens Up On Mental Health And Menopause On SELF Magazine’s Latest Issue

 
Taraji P. Henson SELF Magzine OnoBello (3)
Taraji P. Henson is the latest cover star of SELF Magazine‘s digital issue.


 The Hollywood star opens up on mental health opened up to the magazine about life changes she’s experienced, particularly surrounding menopause, her mental health, and her man.
See excerpts from the interview below.
On menopause: “I would get so low, really, really low, beaten, like never before. You may have those days [when] you’re like, ‘Oh, I just don’t feel like getting out of bed. I just want to sleep in,’ but you don’t feel heavy. I was just starting to feel heavy a lot, [like] suffocating…. It just came out of nowhere. I’m like, ‘Well, you are pushing 50, girl. At some point things are going to change.’””Find you a group of women that are going through the same thing. Talk and laugh about it,” she says. “If you sit on that toilet and you don’t flush that s***, it’s going to consume you.
Taraji P. Henson SELF Magzine OnoBello (4)
On her relationship: We shook hands and I swear I heard angels. That’s the joke I tell. But he just felt right. He thought I was a prima donna celebrity who has her way with guys and moves on while I also assumed that he was an athlete who has his way with women. Whenever he would fall asleep, [I’d think,] Oh, you cheating on me?” she recalls. Miscommunications like these led to a breakup.
On defending Terrence and Jussie because she feels like you have to support and love your friends: I love like a mother. If I’m your friend, I can’t judge you, I just can’t. I could do something, and I wouldn’t want you to turn your back. We’re humans. We’re flawed. No one is perfect. I might not necessarily agree with everything, but I think every human deserves some form of humanity, some form of compassion.
See all the full spread below.Taraji P. Henson SELF Magzine OnoBello (2)

Taraji P. Henson SELF Magzine OnoBello (1)

Taraji P. Henson SELF Magzine OnoBello (10)

Taraji P. Henson SELF Magzine OnoBello (9)

Taraji P. Henson SELF Magzine OnoBello (8)

Taraji P. Henson SELF Magzine OnoBello (7)

Taraji P. Henson SELF Magzine OnoBello (6)

Taraji P. Henson SELF Magzine OnoBello (5)
………….. …………. 🖋️ 📜 COMMENT BELOW Gossip - Who Which What Where When How #jaiyeorie 📎 ... CRITIC ALSO 🖋️ spill TEA ☕ Easy on Shade 💣

Post a Comment

0 Comments