Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Seyi Shay Is A Leading Fashionista In The December Issue Of Genevieve Magazine

Seyi Shay Genevieve Magazine OnoBello (2)
Seyi Shay has landed a feature on the December edition of one of Nigeria’s leading lifestyle publications, Genevieve Magazine.




In an exclusive interview, the songwriter and actress crooner spoke on her recent Gimme Love remix with American singer, Teyana Taylor, her nomination for a lead actress award for her role in Lara and the Beat, as well as her upcoming EP.
She also sheds more light on her newly found flair for acting and what working with her record label is like.
Seyi Shay Genevieve Magazine OnoBello (1)
You can read excerpts from the interview below:
OnYour Gimme Love remix: “Teyana has a great voice, a lot of sexiness and a lot of attitudes. My team and I agreed that she would be the perfect female collaboration for those very reasons. She also has a strong female fan base and we wanted to tap into that.”
On the importance of international collaboration in bridging the gap between Africans, Nigerians, and the diaspora: “I think it’s extremely important. This way the rest of the world will see Africans as more of global stage competitors rather than just “Afrobeats artistes”.
On acting experience in comparison to recording a song in the studio: “I definitely much prefer singing as it’s my first love. Acting is hard and strenuous but I enjoyed every minute of the process. I would definitely do it again. I’m so honored to have been nominated as Best Female Actress in a Leading Role, at the AMAA’s.”
On if acting is something she’ll not only do again but carve a career path in? “I think I would definitely do it again and probably more frequently in the future, once I’ve fully established my music career.
Genevieve Magazine: You’re currently working on your next project. What can we expect?
Seyi Shay: I’m putting the finishing touches on my second EP. Gimme Love was the first single from the project so expect that level of delivery on this body of work.
On mental health and how has that influenced the music of her next project?
“I’m in a good space mentally. I’m happy, healthy and hopeful. I have a great new team called the Aristokrat Group and a great international team who have been working together tirelessly to ensure we get our desired results over the next couple of years.”
Seyi Shay Genevieve Magazine OnoBello (4)

Seyi Shay Genevieve Magazine OnoBello (3)How is your day going.... Share...… …………….. ………….. …………. 🖋️ 📜 COMMENT BELOW Gossip - Who Which What Where When How #jaiyeorie 📎 ... CRITIC ALSO 🖋️ spill TEA ☕ Easy on Shade 💣

Post a Comment

0 Comments