Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Being Crippled For 2 Years Affected My Career – Femi Branch



Being Crippled For 2 Years Affected My Career – Femi Branch
Femi Branch, told Saturday Beats that it took another three years before he could walk with both feet.

Branch said, “Why I took a break from the movie industry was because I had an accident in 2011. I was shooting my second film when I had an accident on the set and broke my legs. I had five fractures on my right foot and four fractures on the left one.

“I could not work for two years because I was on crutches and that took me off work. I was lucky that the first job I did after recovery was the one I did for MNET. Till date anytime I stress the feet, they get swollen. This incident limited the kind of roles I could do for another three years.


“I was getting scripts but I could not take them because they required me to move frequently. If I was getting five scripts in a month, I could not do any of them and on some occasions, I could only do one or two projects. That was what happened during that period. I could not work because of the medical situation.”

He stated that he owed a lot of his friends and colleagues so much gratitude for keeping him afloat during that period.

“I thank God that I was able to survive during that period because I have some very good people that God brought my way during that time. There was a friend of mine at Akure that organised an event around St. Valentine’s Day just because of me; he knew I was not working and that was why he organisd the show and he gave me a chunk of the proceeds he made from it.

“I had friends that changed movie roles because they knew about my plight. One of the persons that did that, which I can never forget, is Jide Kosoko. He called me for a job and I explained my situation to him and he said he did not know it was that bad. I went to meet him and when he saw me, he made changes to the role in such a way that I was still able to do it. I was blessed with so many wonderful people that were willing to help and with time, I was healed and I got back to the mainstream,” he stated. ... spill TEA ☕ Easy on Shade #jaiyeorie

Post a Comment

0 Comments