Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

“Reuben Abati and the Ashawo card,” - Dr. Ola Orekunrin @FlyingDrNigeria




 Reuben Abati, published an article recently titled, “#BBNaija: Television As Madness”.  Reuben Abati described the show as inappropriate as it promoted base values, chiefly adultery, prostitution, love of money, nudity and sex.
His condescending remarks on Tboss, had many upset with many especially women.
He said,

TBOSS and the other girls kissed and got groped by the boys on live television putting their upbringing to shame. TBOSS, who claimed she didn’t need the money even exposed her breasts on live television more than once. I have seen better breasts TBOSS. I am not too sure those private jet owners will be excited by your fluffy, South-looking, slightly bigger than mangoes breasts. If the same men see bigger assets, I mean, those interesting Ojiakor-like ones that look like papayas, pineapples and watermelons, they will not send private jets, they will deploy submarines and fighter jets!
And that’s why you got N500k in the end, way back behind Bisola with her hard facial features, and Efe whose victory is based on poverty logistics and appeal. But I have no doubt that TBOSS will end up doing better in the larger, outside market than the other finalists, because even those who did not vote for her, know in their hearts that she represents the message of the programme.
 
Responding in an interview with The Nation, Tokunbo Idowu, popularly known as Tboss said she found his opinion of her "comical".


She said,
I do not feel I’m an arrogant person. I’m sorry he has that opinion of me. I read the comments. My people actually were afraid that I would get emotional and sad about it. But I’m not. I was actually quite amused when I read his comments about the ‘mango’ part. It was actually quite comical.

The CEO of Flying Doctors, Dr. Ola Orekunrin also did not find Reuben Abati’s article amusing.

In an article she titled, Reuben Abati and the Ashawo card,” Dr. Ola Orekunrin responded to Abati and expressed how Nigerian men like to control women who seem to be doing better than them.


She wrote,

Yesterday I was in traffic in Ikoyi, a young man knocked at my window and asked for money. ‘I no get change’ I said shaking my head.
The man started gesticulating angrily, ‘you this ashawo, no be senator buy this big car for you’
To avoid this type of confusion, my number plate is personalized, it say’s ‘Flying Dr’. Buying my car meant working hard to conceive, build and scale a world class , pan-African business that saves hundreds of lives not, just in Nigeria, but across the continent. But he, like many Nigerian men, would rather call me an ashawo. It makes him feel more secure about the many Nigerian women that he see’s across the country outperforming, outhustling and out-learning him every single day.
Historically, I have liked Rebeun Abati’s writing. But the condescending, disgusting , derogatory piece he wrote yesterday made my skin crawl.
I never watched big brother. In fact, I haven’t owned a television in over ten years, I much prefer to listen to or read books. I read business books, that’s what I enjoy. When I pick up a business book, I expect to find business principles in the book. When you watch big brother Nigeria, you should expect raunchy entertainment, that’s what the show is about. No one read’s Linda Ikeji’s blog for scientific research.
I will quote one of the most distasteful parts of Rebeun Abati’s (who was a former special advisor to the president of Nigeria) here:


Read full article here



GIVE US TIPS GIST, GOSSIP COMMENTS ................. THOUGHTS? ... spill TEA.... gently Easy on Shade #jaiyeorie

Post a Comment

0 Comments