Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Bisola Aiyeola on why her daughter won’t use a phone till she’s 16

#jaiyeorie 

 

 

Bisola Aiyeola is open about why, in spite of the backlash against her parenting style, she won't buy her 15-year-old daughter a phone.

In the most recent episode of "Mums Next Door" featuring Maria Chike, Bisola revealed that she has received backlash for being unduly cautious of her daughter by denying her access to a phone until she becomes sixteen.


People have criticized Bisola Aiyeola's choice, wondering how her daughter would handle crises or if it would cause her to regress academically, according to Bisola. She did, however, reassure her daughter that she had a laptop for schooling and could use Zoom to call her pals.

She also related an incident in which Bisola extended the phone ban after she found out her daughter had created a smart chat account on her laptop.

She also recounted an incident where she discovered her daughter had opened a smart chat account on her laptop, leading Bisola to extend the phone ban by another year as a form of discipline.

Bisola Aiyeola daughter


“Yes, I have been judged by my parenting skills. So, my daughter turned 15 this year, and she still doesn’t have a phone. I have been pretty strict with that part of her life, and she kind of begged.

“I told her she wouldn’t have a phone till she was 16, so she still had one more year to go. And people have been asking me, like, what if there is an emergency?

“Wouldn’t she be behind her pairs and all, but she has a laptop for school work?

“If her friends need to talk to her, they can call her on Zoom. Sometimes, people feel like I am overdoing it, or I am trying to be overprotective, and I am like, well, that’s your business.

“There was a time I found out she opened a smart chat account on a laptop, and I was like, how? I disciplined her, which made me extend her phone usage by a year because she was supposed to get it this year at 15″.

Watch the video below …Bisola Ayeola on why her daughter won’t use a phone till she’s 16

✍️“feel free to disagree in the comments 👀 ☝️👆 & let JAIYEORIE know what U think!” 📎

Post a Comment

0 Comments