Kelis Doubles Down on Nas Physical Abuse Accusation: ‘I Can Endure a Lot’

Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Kelis Doubles Down on Nas Physical Abuse Accusation: ‘I Can Endure a Lot’

                            
image

It’s the 20th anniversary of her debut album Kaleidoscope, Kelis reflects on her debut album brought back some bitter memories. The 40-year-old singer-turned-chef shared how her friendship with the NeptunesPharrell Williams & Chad Hugo crashed over money.



Kelis spoke up about her alleged abusive relationship with her ex Nas.
The "I hate you so much right now" singer sat down with the folks at Guardian, where she talked about her failed relationship with the Neptunes, Nas, and said she felt compelled to leave Nas after she saw the photographs of Rihanna after she was assaulted by Chris Brown.

“It just woke me up,” Kelis said, adding that her pregnancy made her realise how urgently she needed to leave. “I can endure a lot, but I’m not prepared to bring someone else into this. So I’m done.”
Kelis got together with Nas when she was young, which she attributes to why she didn’t see the “red flags” early on. “I was really young and didn’t know that love isn’t enough,” she continued. “It was crazy from the start, but I think as girls we’re taught that that’s what love is, like you can’t breathe without them. What kind of shit is that? I want to breathe!”






“I thought it was a beautiful and pure, creative safe space,” she said in an interview with The Guardian. “But it ended up not being that at all.”


“I was told we were going to split the whole thing 33/33/33, which we didn’t do,” she explained.
She said she was “blatantly lied to and tricked,” pointing specifically to “the Neptunes and their management and their lawyers and all that stuff.”
Her first two albums – Kaleidoscope (Dec. ’99) & Wanderland (Oct. ‘01) – were produced by the Neptunes.


 She alleged she didn’t make moey for her album sales because she was making money from touring “and just the fact that I wasn’t poor felt like enough,”




“Their argument is: ‘Well, you signed it.’ I’m like: ‘Yeah, I signed what I was told, and I was too young and too stupid to double-check it.’”
 The Guardian said they reached out to Pharrell & Chad, but they did not respond to repeated requests for comment.
When it was time to work on their third album Tasty, she decided to work with different producers and she said she could tell the Neptunes “were really offended.” After that, they were no longer friends. However, Kelis said she’s not angry about the situation, she’s simply “stating the facts.”
“To be honest with you, I think if it were not for my faith, I feel like that would probably be the case. It’s very clear to me, especially being on a farm, that whatever you put in the ground, that is what’s going to come back to you,” she said.
Pharrell was performing at an industry event where she was seated in the audience and she shared their interaction.
“And he did that thing to me that he’s notorious for, which is making a nod from the stage [to someone in the audience], so it seems like there’s mutual respect, when in reality …” She throws her head back and laughs. “I’m like, OK, I’m not going to yell back: ‘You stole all my publishing!’ So you end up nodding back and everyone thinks everything’s great. Like, whatever.”








Read all about it here.








📎 The key is : Learn how to BE HAPPY BY YOURSELF FIRST. Because a human being that is happy on his/her own will never settle to be miserable with someone else. When you find happiness on your own then you will be able to spread it and share it with someone else. #jaiyeorie ... CRITIC ALSO 🖋️ spill TEA ☕ Easy on Shade 💣

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Blogarama - Blog Directory (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});