Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

You Need Makeup Setting Spray In Your Life. Here’s Why. @TheNicoleCode

image-35

 


Makeup setting spray is something I got into early last year, and I’ve never looked back. As the President of the notorious Oily Skin Gang (OSG for life!), all I do is look for tips and tricks on how to keep my makeup from slipping off within 2 hours of application. Primer is absolutely essential but is CERTAINLY not fail safe for me. I’d seen an article about setting spray (can’t remember where now) and then spent hours researching various brands and reviews because I was heading to Dubai and wanted to buy some while I was out there. And that is exactly how I stumbles upon the Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray range!

Sidebar- I LOVE Urban Decay! In my last post, I mentioned their eyeshadow primer potion which has become a staple product for me.


Urban Decay teamed up with Skindanavia (best know for their bridal makeup setting sprays) to give us a range of sprays to tackle different skin concerns. Theres the Chill- which is a hydrating spray designed for dry skin types (obvs),  the De-Slick- which helps with oil control, and the All Nighter which promises to keep makeup smudge free for up to 16 hours.


Naturally, I bought the De-Slick (from Sephora). Upon first usage I was completely in love! It is completely weightless and gives makeup a nice finish. Because of my oiliness I have to wear quite a bit of powder which can look a bit cakey, but after a few spritzes my foundation looks luminous and not overpowdered at all. It also definitely keeps my makeup from slipping. My main problem area is my nose, after 2 or 3 hours my foundation completely disintegrates. But when I use this, the foundation stays put. I still get pretty shiny after a while, but at least my makeup stays on my face and I don’t look like I’ve been running in the rain. So i just blot when I need to and keep it moving.


I also tried the All Nighter. I find it to be interchangeable with the De-Slick. Not much of a difference in terms of the staying power. But I also really like it for the same reasons as I like De-Slick.


Here’s me before applying makeup setting spray and after (I used the All Nighter)
image-36

(The lighting is better in the second photo, but still. My makeup clearly looks better, not cake-y and more luminous. Also please ignore the fact that I look sick and hungry. Its because I’m not wearing any eyeliner. You have to use the setting spray BEFORE you apply eye makeup because it will make it run. Do NOT forget this).

image-37
(Ahhh! MUCH better eh? I literally refuse to live without my Chanel Stylo Yeux eyeliner).


Late last year I was looking through a Nigerian online beauty store and saw the Ben Nye ‘Final Seal’ makeup setting spray. I was quite intrigued because 1) Its Ben Nye 2) I had never heard of it/come across it before and 3) IT’S BEN NYE!

I looked it up and the reviews were pretty good. Ben Nye actually started out doing theatre makeup (which has to stay on for hours under hot intense lights) so if anyone knows a thing or 2 about keeping makeup from smudging it would be him! I hurriedly purchased a small bottle to try out.

I don’t know how I feel about the spray because I HATE the pump! You know how a spray should deliver the product to your skin like a fine mist? It delivers it like Windolene spray basically- in huge splotchy uneven droplets. So I haven’t been able to use it properly. I’m waiting for one of my Urban Decay bottles to finish so I can decant the Ben Nye into it. As soon as I do- I’ll update everyone.


I’ve had a quick look, and for us in Nigeria the only site that seems to carry both the De-Slick and All Nighter is muaprong.com .It retails for N6800 there (not bad actually!) and the bottle lasts quite a while. Well worth buying. The Ben Nye one is on beautyboon.com


How To Use

1) Shake Well
2) Apply Makeup
3)Hold the bottle 8-10 inches away and mist face 2-4 times in an ‘X’ and ‘T’ formation.
Again, use the setting spray BEFORE you apply eye makeup so you don’t end up looking like a crying raccoon.

And that’s it! Have you tried any of these? Do you use a makeup setting spray?

Let Me Know,
Nicole

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Blogarama - Blog Directory